ANTIQUE BECK LONDON BINOMAX STEREO / BINOCULAR MICROSCOPE C. 1929
Regular price $350.00
C. 1929 Beck London Binomax Greenough Type Stereomicroscope, serial number 7306, complete in original wood case with many accessories and very rare factory armrests that clip onto the stage. Excellent condition, complete, all adjustments functional, optics appear to be in good condition, very little corrosion, no rust, minor chipping to paint on bottom of stand. Eyepieces swivel mounted to adjust to user preference. According to the East Carolina University web site, "The objectives can be reversed to give a second power. The head can be mounted various ways to accommodate different uses. A wonderful example of a functional design that is also beautiful."
The microscope coms with its original case, and in addition to the main unit includes:
- Extra set of Beck original eyepieces
- A third Japanese eyepiece
- Set of rare, factory, clip-on armrests
- Matching lamp with bulb and wooden base
- Glass and metal accessory which can be inserted through the top of the stage. (This piece has a non-optical piece of glass which is cracked. See photos.)
- Lens that attaches to the underside of the stage (if the above accessory is not in use)
- Package of modern unused microscope slides and cover plates
- Thick piece of beveled glass (purpose unknown)
- Smaller microscope mirror (does not appear to fit this microscope)
The microscope is 13 inches tall, 5 inches wide and 6 1/2 inches deep at the base (without the armrests) and weighs 9 pounds, 4 ounces. The case is 16 inches tall by 8 1/4 inches by 8 1/4 inches. Together, the microscope, case and accessories weigh 17 pounds 11 ounces.